University of Connecticut Cape Town Study Abroad Program

University of Connecticut Cape Town Study Abroad Program
Front: Leah, Erica, Kayley; Second Row:Adam, Meredith, Sarah, Katherine, Pamela, Michelle, Rachel, Brittany; Back: Marita, Vincent, Brett, Vernon

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pamela on being back at Christel House School

Pamela with Grade R Learners at Christel House


I’ve been back to Christel House for a week now after my two weeks vacations. I was and am still very excited to be back with the kids. The first day I got there  they were so excited, as soon as I walked  through the door everyone shouted to greet me and some even got up to give me a hug. I was really emotional to see their reaction once they saw me. I am very touched that the kids have grown to appreciate my presence. I am very grateful that I have been able to work with the children and the teachers at Christel house, each and everyone of them has made these three months a wonderful experience for me and I cannot describe how happy I am that I have been placed there.

At recess I was sitting in front of the classroom watching the kids play and a few came over to me, Melvena one of the little girls I work with came and sat on me and said Miss Pamela, I love you … It was the sweetest thing ever. I feel like everyday that goes by I grow closer to the children and its becoming more of a one on one relationship, I have learned so much about them and grown to like each and everyone of them.

As for the teachers here at Christel House it is always a pleasure for me to go into the classroom everyday. They are very welcoming and really make me feel comfortable. Miss Angela and Miss Phelo are really great teachers to the children, they really care about them and love them. Going back to the U.S I will miss the two of them dearly, because they also have this an amazing experience for me at Christel House by being welcome and very friendly. I still have a few days left to spend at Christel, so I am making the best out of it . I am spending as much time as I can with the children of the grade R because my time now is so limited. It really makes me sad to not know when I will be able to see them again, but now I am just enjoying my time left there.  I’ll think about the rest later!



1 comment: