University of Connecticut Cape Town Study Abroad Program

University of Connecticut Cape Town Study Abroad Program
Front: Leah, Erica, Kayley; Second Row:Adam, Meredith, Sarah, Katherine, Pamela, Michelle, Rachel, Brittany; Back: Marita, Vincent, Brett, Vernon

Friday, April 9, 2010

Pamela on the realization she'll be home in three weeks

Can you believe that in less than three weeks we’ll be back home? Well I have been thinking about that for the past two weeks because I have been off from Christel House because the kids are on break. For me it is a bittersweet moment, when I think about it I am very glad I’m going home because I really miss my family and friends but on the other side thinking that I’m leaving Christel has been very sad because I’ve gotten so close to the kids and the thought that I am going home and not knowing when I will be able to see them again is so devastating.

Being off from work for two has given me the time to reflect on everything we did here. I have been thinking on how I’m going to use this amazing experience once I get back home and applied everything I learned in my everyday life. Being in South Africa has open my eyes so much , it made me more aware on what is going on around me, I’m really glad that I’m doing this.

I’ve been thinking so much about when I go back to the states because I feel like I’m such a different person from who I was when I came here. I really like the change that happened and I just feel like people will not understand me because they have not experienced what I have been through so I feel like its going to be hard for me to be around them or the reverse.

I still have three weeks left here in Cape Town , I will make the best out of it and keep on enjoying the beautiful scenery and the friendly people. I keep on enjoying working with the children and everyone at Christel House because my time here now is so limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment