University of Connecticut Cape Town Study Abroad Program

University of Connecticut Cape Town Study Abroad Program
Front: Leah, Erica, Kayley; Second Row:Adam, Meredith, Sarah, Katherine, Pamela, Michelle, Rachel, Brittany; Back: Marita, Vincent, Brett, Vernon

Friday, March 12, 2010

Adam's fourth blog entry

My trip to Plettenberg Bay was a truly unique experience.  The drive was a bit long but not unbearable if you had an ipod or a book to distract you.  The hostel we stayed in was very rustic and bohemian.  Animals just roamed around the grounds giving it an almost farm like feel.  I got to pet some elephants and ride down a river on an inner tube.  We also visited the Canga Caves and went to Cape Aghulus, which is the southern most tip of Africa.  At the Cape we were able to see the sunset on the Atlantic Ocean and the moon on the Indian Ocean.  It was definitely a brief but memorable experience.

At my internship the days vary in busyness depending on what’s going on in the office.  The other day I sat in on a meeting that is held at the beginning of each month and everyone runs through the agenda for the coming month.  It gave me a good overview of what everyone in the Black Sash is working on.  It has also been a very enjoyable experience to work alongside Jeremicia who has really made me feel at home and never hesitates to ask me about my day or what I’ve been doing.
            
I’m very excited for our upcoming excursion to Johannesburg and Kruger.  I cannot wait to see another part of South Africa and see what’s it like outside of Cape Town.  The fact that we get to go on a safari is just an awesome bonus.  If someone had told me I’d be going on an African safari before I visited Europe I would have never believed them.  A weeklong trip is exactly what I need at this point in my study abroad experience.  As they say here, “cheers.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment